WHEN DURABILITY MATTERS
POLYPIPE® HDPE PE4710
Choice. Until now, it’s not a word you thought of when it came to essential service water systems. But there is an alternative to the high installation and maintenance costs of carbon steel piping for these aging systems.
With High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), you get a pipe system design that allows designers to bring exceptional value, system reliability, and numerous advantages over other piping material.
Applications Where HDPE is Being Used:
- Essential Service Water Systems
- Non-Essential Service Water Systems
- Fire Protection Mains
- Resistant to external corrosion caused by aggressive underground environments including “hot” and high-pH soils and stray electrical currents, so no cathodic protection system is required – translating into up-front cost savings and reduced maintenance costs over the life of the pipe.
- Effectively combats internal fouling, because it does not support the growth of bacteria, algae, or fungis
- Lightweight and flexible joints greatly reduce up-front labor requirements and installation costs
- Longer pipe length and butt-fused, water-tight joints are field-proven and virtually leak-proof
- Increased long-term reliability and reduced operations and maintenance costs over the remaining life of the plant
- Service life of greater than 50 years in most applications